THUA THIEN HUE UNION OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATIONS
Thua Thien Hue Union of Science and Technology Associations was founded in 1993 by the Provincial People’s Committee (Decision No. 951 QD/UBND).
Name of Organization (and acronym): Thua Thien Hue Union of Science and Technology Associations (HUSTA)
Address: 06 Phan Boi Chau Street, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue Province
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Since its inception, Thua Thien Hue Union of Science and Technology Associations has steadily grown and developed into a sociopolitical organization of scientific and technological intellectuals (scientists) in the region.
Thua Thien Hue Union of Science and Technology Associations now support 50 member associations, 8 civil social organisations (CSO), with a total of over 30,000 scientists in Thua Thien Hue province.
Thua Thien Hue Union of Science and Technology Associations is a member of the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations as well as a member of the Vietnamese Fatherland Front Committee of Thua Thien Hue province.
- To unite scientists in the province, and Vietnamese scientists at home and abroad to regulate and coordinate activities of member associations, create favorable conditions for scientists to promote their intellectual potential to serve the cause of industrialization and modernization of the homeland.
- To facilitate among member associations and government: the Provincial Party Committee, Provincial People’s Council, Provincial People’s Committee (PPC), and the Provincial Vietnamese Fatherland Front.
- To represent and protect the legitimate rights and interests of members, member associations, and affiliated units.
1. To consolidate, develop, promote, and improve the operational efficiency of HUSTA.
2. To organize activities:
a) To recommend for the Provincial Party Committee and the Provincial People’s Committee on issues of socio-economic development of the province, especially in science and technology, education and training, and policies for intellectuals.
b) To propagate scientific and technological knowledge among the people; to organize the movement of creativity in science and technology.
c) To organize consultancy, judgment, and social expertise to contribute to building a scientific basis for the planning of programs, plans, and policies of the Provincial Party Committee, People’s Council, and People’s Committee on socio-economic development, science – and – technology, education – and – training, environmental protection, law formulation, strengthening security and defense; to participate in independent supervision of important economic and social topics, projects and programs.
d) To organize and implement scientific research and technological development; to transfer and apply scientific and technological advances into production, life, and environmental protection.
đ) To participate in the organization of education, training, and vocational training activities, contributing to building a learning society, raising people’s knowledge, developing human resources, and fostering talents.
e) To participate in activities of community development, poverty eradication, and people’s health care.
3. To carry out the work of mobilizing scientists:
a) To promote patriotic tradition, national pride, a sense of civic responsibility, the spirit of cooperation, community, honesty, and professional ethics.
b) To propagate and widely popularize the Party and the State’s lines, policies, and laws.
c) To mobilize Vietnamese scientists at home and abroad to participate in sustainable development.
d) To strengthen and enhance the capacity and the living standard of scientists.
4. To well perform the role of a member of the provincial Vietnamese Fatherland Front Committee, coordinate with other mass organizations to build the greatbloc of national unity, promote synergy to fulfill the goal of “Rich people, strong country, democracy, justice, civilization”; participate in building a new way of life in the region, helping to preserve and promote the fine cultural traditions of the nation.
5. To coordinate, guide, and assist member organizations and affiliated organizations in domestic and international cooperation activities.