In the history of national construction and defense, intellectuals in Thua Thien Hue have always upheld the spirit of patriotism and national pride, enthusiastically engaged in scientific activities, and participated in the construction of the great unity bloc of the entire people, contributing significantly to the province’s socio-economic development.
In 1993, in response to the emergence of numerous specialized scientific and technical associations, the Provincial People’s Committee (People’s Committee) issued Decision No. 951 QD/UBND allowing the establishment of the Union of Science and Technology Associations of Thua Thien Hue province, with the consent of the Provincial Party Committee.
- Name of Organization (and acronym): Thua Thien Hue Union of Science and Technology Associations (HUSTA)
- Address: 06 Phan Boi Chau Street, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue Province
- Telephone: 0234-3845091
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Since its inception, the Union of Science and Technology Associations of Thua Thien Hue province has steadily grown and developed, becoming a sociopolitical organization of scientific and technological intellectuals in the region.
The Union of Science and Technology Associations of Thua Thien Hue province now has 50 member associations, 7 Science and Technology Centers, and 1 society, with a total of over 30,000 members who work in science and technology in Thua Thien Hue province.
The Union of Science and Technology Associations of Thua Thien Hue province is a member of the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations as well as a member of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of Thua Thien Hue province.
Functions and Missions
- To represent and protect the lawful rights and interests of science and technology member associations and intellectuals.
- To gather and unite scientific and technological intellectuals in the province, as well as scientific and technological intellectuals from Thua Thien Hue at home and abroad; to harmonize and coordinate the activities of member associations and affiliated science and technology organizations, thereby establishing optimal conditions for members and scientific and technological intellectuals to dedicate their intellectual strength to the industrialization and modernization of the nation.
- To organize propaganda and the dissemination of scientific and technological knowledge, thereby contributing to people’s education and communal development.
- To organize the activities of consultancy, judgment, social expertise, research, and transfer of science and technology for production and life.
- To mobilize scientists and technologists to foster patriotic tradition, national pride, civic duty, a culture of cooperation, community, honesty, and a good work ethic.
- To propagate and disseminate the guidelines, policies, and laws of the Party and State, as well as mobilizing overseas Vietnamese scientific and technological intellectuals to help build and defend the motherland. To create conditions for professional advancement to improve the spiritual and material well-being of persons working in science and technology.
- To coordinate, guide, and assist member associations in domestic and international cooperation activities.
Tran Huu Dang
Prof., PhD, MD
Nguyen Quang Linh
Ho Duc Hung